What are Unity’s basic teachings?
We encourage you to explore and apply Unity teachings based on your own spiritual understanding. We believe this spiritual understanding is enhanced through reflective prayer and meditation. We are there for you. Supporting you on your journey as you work through your growth and spiritual development.
The five basic ideas that make up the Unity belief system are:
- God is good. God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and present everywhere.
- People are good. We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
- Thoughts create experiences. We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
- Prayer is the connection. There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our connection to God.
- Action is needed. Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.